What is WEPA?
WEPA (pronounced wee-pah) is an acronym for Wireless Everywhere Print Anywhere.
WEPA is a rapidly growing cloud printing network that enables anyone with an internet connection to upload documents and then print them anywhere a WEPA kiosk is located. The FKCC Library has two WEPA kiosks available in the Key West location.
With WEPA, you are no longer confined to printing in computer labs or paying for expensive ink to print at home. Wherever there’s an internet connection, you can upload documents to the WEPA cloud and print them conveniently at any WEPA kiosk. Print what you need and pay using an online account, a $5 print card, or a credit or debit card.
Whether you need to print test files and notes or update a paper before class, whether you need color or b&w, one sided or two, WEPA makes printing on campus fast and easy.
There are three WEPA kiosks on the FKCC Campus:
2 in the Library (one of which is ADA accessible)
1 in the Lagoon Landing Residence Hall
How Does WEPA Work?
- Go to www.wepanow.com from your personal laptop or any computer.
- Click "Register" to create your account. You can also register directly at the kiosk by touching the "Register Here" button and following the instructions.
- Add funds to your account using a credit or debit card. You can also choose to pay at a kiosk with a credit/debit card or purchase a $5 print card from the Library.
- If you are using a computer in the FKCC Library computer lab, to print you would:
- Open the file you want to print
- Select the WEPA-BW printer for black-and-white printing, or WEPA-Color for color printing
- Enter your WEPA log-in information in the pop-up screen
- Write down the release code (three numbers and three letters)
- Black-and-White per page = 0.15
- Black-and-White double-sided per page = 0.24
- Color per page = 0.60
- Color double-sided per page = 1.00
- WEPA pre-loaded card = 5.00 (available at the Library's circulation desk, can not be reloaded)
Paying at the kiosk with a credit or debit card will incur an additional 0.40 to the transaction.
You can avoid this additional fee by loading funds on your account at wepanow.com.
WEPA Supported File Types
WEPA kiosks support any document that is able to be printed form a software application. In other words, if you can print to your own printer you can print to WEPA. From USB the WEPA kiosks support MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Rich Text Format, and Adobe PDF documents along with MAC Pages, Keynote, and Numbers applications.
WEPA also supports JPG and BMP printing. Note: At this time, image printing is only available by using a USB jump-drive at the WEPA kiosk.